Thursday, February 18, 2010

Secrecy and Surprises... Mmmm, my favorites!

Ah, to be 18 and kickass. It's so healthy to have such a mindset about this age. To be honest, in the beginning I was skeptical that I would feel any different when I turn 18. I mean, psh, why should I? Every other year was boring and the same... but this number, 18, is quite magical. I'm an adult, legally, and I have as many freedoms as I do constraints. But this matters not... for now that my birthday has passed (it was yesterday), my ego and ingenuity has birthed a resolve that has never before been shown to me. This opportunity was spawned two days ago when my old friend Shroud has returned to the Forums after a long disappearance. I didn't realize it then, but with his return came a great and golden opportunity. Now that I saw it, still there and wavering, I snatched the chance and ran for the goal. I asked Shroud to Co-GM with me on an RP that I'm willing to share with him. We're great friends and are always willing to assist one another, and for this I am happy.

Now, this RP I have planned is a tad bit on the down-low, but I will have everyone know that it is well under way, despite the fact that this information is only useful for the RP Section of the Forum. With further luck, this RP will overshadow my own failed attempts (due to laziness and the evanescence of my RPers) and bring about a magnificent story. I'll try, harder than ever, to enjoy myself rather than be serious with the cursed thing.

Now to explain why I asked Shroud to Co-GM with me rather than the other most qualified candidates. For starters, Shroud and I have been good friends for a whole year and a half and we know each others minds like the back of our hands. He's the loony scientist and I'm the lazy poet. We both strive for ingenuity and fun in a story and it works out well when our two minds are together. Like last year, he and I, along with another good friend, pooled all of our thoughts together to make a fantasy epic. Now, if we were all incapable of being beaten by real life, we could've succeeded with the RP. But we didn't. Plus, there was a slight anomaly amongst our ranks of RPers. Anywho, with the ever-present evanescence, we couldn't get much done. However, Shroud and I enjoy each others RPs and when we're put together, we make an idea much better than what it was through brainstorming and creation of otherworldly lore.

Now, another reason being, is because I trust Shroud more than most people with my ideas. We keep our ideas close at hand and slowly weave a nexus of sub-plots and plot-twists. To be honest, that's the coolest part of Co-GMing with Shroud. He knows when to do such things that it's remarkable and very entertaining, even if it's sad. (But, then again, I'm an odd guy like that, always being amused and never deterred by such things).

Sure, I could've chose someone else, like my friend King Raven, who is also a genius at such things or Ryan who can help create a fascinating world for a great story. There's also Jonath, who is a master of manipulation and making people wonder what will happen next. But, no, I wanted Shroud, for it would be a great return present for him and it'll help exercise our style of writing to the most extreme and hopefully entrance people.

Now, out of all these people, my friend Riftun will most likely be happy with joining the RP with his two best friends (Shroud and I). I can't wait to see his excitement, to be honest.

Hrm... well, enough info for today. The next time I update, it'll be a road of bread crumbs for you all to follow. Information on the RP will be on the next update ;)

1 comment:

  1. Honored to have been mentioned sir. And genius? I think you're overestimating my abilities, but I thank you all the same

    ReplyDelete